Your Los Angeles V.O.C. Testing Services
Volatile organic compounds are dangerous to your health and safety! Call us at (323) 372-2666 and schedule an appointment for the very best Los Angeles VOC testing services today! Click here to save using our coupons and discounts.
Whether you are looking to buy a home, sell one, or are just interested in good home maintenance, you want to make sure the air in the home is safe to breathe. VOC’s are dangerous organic materials that can pose serious risks to your home and health. More often than not, a homeowner will not realize that these issues exist in their home until it is too late. Through the use of our professional Los Angeles V.O.C. testing services, you can sit back and let our experts inspect your home in no time. By providing you with our thorough testing services you can rest easy knowing that your home's environment will be taken care of professionally.
See what some of our satisfied customers have to say here, and call us to schedule an inspection for your home today.
What are V.O.C.’s?
Volatile organic compounds - or VOCs - are a group of organic chemicals that can easily evaporate and enter the environment in your home. Because of their low boiling point, higher than usual numbers of molecules are released into the surrounding air as they evaporate from their liquid or solid chemical form. VOCs can be either man-made or naturally occurring, and some of these compounds are known to be harmful to humans and the environment. They include:
- Methylene Chloride
Our experts will be able to test your home for the presence of these items before they become a major risk to your home.
Here are some important facts to know:
1. The USEPA has reported that home air can have 100 times more chemicals inside than outside.
2. The USEPA has also reported that adults and kids now spend most of their time indoors (90%).
3. The CDC has reported that 20+ million adults have asthma, and the National Asthma Survey has reported that asthma is the most prevalent chronic disease among children. These numbers continue to increase annually, suggesting that the indoor environment plays a contributing role in this trend.
4. Mold growth can be present within the home and be hidden behind walls or underneath carpeting or flooring.
5. The use of Formaldehyde is prevalent in certain building materials and the concentration of this known cancer-causing agent can be many times the safe level.
How can these organic compounds affect your home?
VOCs are present in a number of common household components including:
- Interior paints
- Wall coverings
- New furnishings
- Some air fresheners
Because the molecules are prone to evaporation at room temperature, simply having items in your home that contain VOCs exposes you and your family to these compounds. VOCs are not toxic in small amounts, but over long periods of time, exposure can pose a number of health risks ranging from simple allergies to a possible increased risk of certain cancers.
How can I know if my home air quality is safe?
We have chosen to offer our customers IAQ Home Survey™, a state-of-the-art test that allows Common Sense Inspections to check for chemicals in the air and provide you with an assessment of the home air quality.
1. IAQ Home Survey is a low-cost test designed to measure the chemicals in the air and find hidden mold.
2. IAQ Home Survey can be easily performed at your convenience on an area of up to 2,000 sq. ft.
3. IAQ Home Survey reports the total amount of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) found in the home and whether they are within a recommended safe range.
4. IAQ Home Survey predicts the source of the VOCs and determines if the home is the source or if the VOCs are merely from the contents of the home.
5. IAQ Home Survey is so sensitive it monitors for the chemicals released by actively growing mold, whether they are behind walls or underneath the carpeting or flooring.
6. Formaldehyde can be measured and reported individually for an additional charge. This test is especially recommended for any home constructed or remodeled within the past five years.
How is testing performed?
Even small amounts of VOCs can be harmful to you and your family's health, so it is important to test for VOCs. We offer in-home testing that can identify the present VOC levels in your home. We will give you a written report of our findings and help you find a solution to this risk in your home. When you work with us, you can rest assured that you’re getting the very best services possible.
Don’t allow for VOCs to accumulate in your home! Call us at (323) 372-2666 and get industry leading Los Angeles V.O.C. testing services today!